Give the Gift of Clean for Mother’s Day
With Mother’s Day fast approaching, you may still be looking for good Mother’s Day gift ideas. If mom’s the type of person that already has it all or really isn’t into getting flowers, consider giving mom an act of kindness by giving her the gift of a clean home. Cleaning is an easy Mother’s Day idea that can be appreciated more than the typical gifts.
Before you start cleaning like crazy, it’s best to come up with a good strategy that will optimize your cleaning time while still getting great results. If you’re short on time and can’t clean the whole house, consider focusing your efforts on the toughest rooms in the house to clean. Here’s a quick cleaning checklist to make sure each room is sparkling clean.
- Kitchen. Declutter counters and make sure sink and dishwasher are empty. Clean small counter appliances and exteriors. Spend extra time cleaning the stove/oven and clean floors last. For extra bonus points, clean out and reorganize the fridge.
- Bathrooms. Dust and clean mirrors. Clear countertops before cleaning and reorganize any items that stay on the counters. Use an antibacterial surface cleaner for sinks and toilets. Change hand towels.
- Family Room/Dining Room. Declutter, dust and clean main traffic areas. Deep clean your floors with the appropriate cleaners. For extra points, clean walls, baseboards and windows. If you have time to clean the whole house, or want to make cleaning time easier, focus on these helpful cleaning strategies.
- Clean smarter by focusing on tasks, not zones. Focusing on specific cleaning tasks and finishing them throughout the house saves more time than cleaning from room to room.
- Clean from top to bottom and side to side. Clean from side to side to help you avoid missing spots. Cleaning from top to bottom and cleaning floors last will avoid getting cleaned areas dirty again.
- Let antibacterial cleaners do their job. Antibacterial cleaners need at least 10 minutes to set for maximum effectiveness. Check manufacturer’s directions and to get rid of the most germs.
- Don’t clean alone. Get the rest of the family involved for this easy Mother’s Day gift. Having everyone help will make the chores go fast and give the family more time to spend with mom!